Here’s the latest.
There is just one case of COVID-19 in managed isolation on Friday and none in the community.
The Ministry of Health says the latest MIQ case is a contact of a previously reported case who is currently in quarantine. The new case arrived in New Zealand on March 30 from India via the United Arab of Emirates, and tested positive on day 15 of their stay.
Since their arrival, the Government has temporarily suspended travellers coming to New Zealand from India.
Friday’s case takes the seven-day rolling average of border cases to four. There are now 100 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand, with the vast majority being picked up among returnees in MIQ facilities.
Overall, Aotearoa has recorded 2234 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Two previously reported cases have been reclassified as historical, and were “reported in their respective countries of origin”. That means they are no longer counted among New Zealand’s cases and results in our total, dropping by one from Thursday’s count.
Since the start of the year, there have been 46 historical cases out of 418 reported cases.
“The total number of tests processed by laboratories to date is 1,963,982. On Thursday, 4,694 tests were processed. The seven-day rolling average up to yesterday is 4,478 tests processed,” the ministry says.
“NZ COVID Tracer now has 2,783,081 registered users. Poster scans have reached 248,747,360 and users have created 9,303,430 manual diary entries. There have been 808,660 scans in the last 24 hours to 1pm [on Thursday].”
The next update isn’t expected until Sunday.