Can you feel that? That heaviness? That pressure? We’re in the stretch run. In most fantasy football leagues, only two or three regular-season weeks remain. For others, Week 12 is the end of the line…
Kevin Sabitus/Associated Press
It hasn’t been a great season for first wide receiver drafted in most fantasy leagues. Michael Thomas of the New Orleans Saints has missed a half dozen games, has yet to hit even 200 receiving yards for the season and ranks 110th in PPR points. And with Taysom Hill taking over at quarterback for an injured Drew Brees (ribs) last week, there was ample room for reservation regarding Thomas’ Week 11 prospects.
As it turns out, those concerns were misplacedat least against the Atlanta Falcons. Of Hill’s 23 pass attempts, over half (12) were directed at Thomas, who finished the game with nine catches for 104 yardsfar and away his best outing of the year.
The Denver Broncos are just a middle-of-the-pack fantasy matchup for receivers this season, but with Thomas collecting such a huge target share, the fifth-year veteran is right back in the top five among fantasy wideouts in Week 12.
Michael Pittman Jr., Indianapolis Colts (vs. TEN) (DraftKings DFS Value: $5,000)
Only one team has allowed more PPR points to wide receivers than the Titans, and we’ve already seen Pittman post a fat stat line against the Tennessee secondary. In the long ago days of Week 10, Pittman caught seven of eight targets for 101 yards against the Titans.
Jalen Reagor, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. SEA) (DraftKings DFS Value: $4,400)
Reagor’s production is trending upward a littlefour receptions over each of the last two games. If ever there was a matchup for the rookie to have a coming-out party, it’s Monday night’s against an eminently beatable Seattle secondary.
Brandon Aiyuk, San Francisco 49ers (at LAR) (DraftKings DFS Value: $5,600)
The 49ers might have a full complement of wide receivers in Week 12 for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately for fantasy managers with shares of Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel, it will come against a Rams team allowing the fewest PPR points to wideouts in 2020.
Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys (vs. WAS) (DraftKings DFS Value: $5,700)
The Dallas offense looked better last week, and Cooper posted a respectable six catches for 81 yards against the Vikings. But that was against a shaky Minnesota secondary, not a Washington team giving up the second-fewest PPR points to wide receivers.
Nelson Agholor, Las Vegas Raiders (at ATL) (DraftKings DFS Value: $4,900)
Agholor has quietly climbed into WR4 territory for the season and has been a high-end fantasy WR3 over the last month-plus. Coming off a very nice six-catch, 88-yard, one-touchdown line against the Kansas City Chiefs, Agholor gets a highly favorable Week 12 matchup against the Falcons.
WEEK 12 WR RANKINGS
- Michael Thomas, NO (at DEN)
- Davante Adams, GB (vs. CHI)
- Calvin Ridley, ATL (vs. LV)
- Tyreek Hill, KC (at TB)
- DeAndre Hopkins, AZ (at NE)
- Stefon Diggs, BUF (vs. LAC)
- Adam Thielen, MIN (vs. CAR)
- Keenan Allen, LAC (at BUF)
- DK Metcalf, SEA (at PHI)
- Terry McLaurin, WAS (at DAL)
- Julio Jones, ATL (vs. LV) [INJURED]
- Allen Robinson II, CHI (at GB)
- DeVante Parker, MIA (at NYJ)
- Robby Anderson, CAR (at MIN)
- Tyler Lockett, SEA (at PHI)
- Kenny Golladay, DET (vs. HOU) [INJURED]
- Will Fuller V, HOU (at DET)
- Chris Godwin, TB (vs. KC)
- Justin Jefferson, MIN (vs. CAR)
- A.J. Brown, TEN (at IND)
- DJ Chark Jr., JAX (vs. CLE)
- Robert Woods, LAR (vs. SF)
- D.J. Moore, CAR (at MIN)
- Cooper Kupp, LAR (vs. SF)
- Jalen Reagor, PHI (vs. SEA)
- Sterling Shepard, NYG (at CIN)
- Mike Evans, TB (vs. KC)
- Diontae Johnson, PIT (vs. BAL)
- Tyler Boyd, CIN (vs. NYG)
- Chase Claypool, PIT (vs. BAL)
- Amari Cooper, DAL (vs. WAS)
- Jakobi Meyers, NE (vs. AZ)
- Brandin Cooks, HOU (at DET)
- Nelson Agholor, LV (at ATL)
- Tee Higgins, CIN (vs. NYG)
- Christian Kirk, AZ (at NE)
- Travis Fulgham, PHI (vs. SEA)
- Michael Pittman Jr., IND (vs. TEN)
- CeeDee Lamb, DAL (vs. WAS)
- Antonio Brown, TB (vs. KC)
- Marvin Jones Jr., DET (vs. HOU)
- Jerry Jeudy, DEN (vs. NO)
- Curtis Samuel, CAR (at MIN)
- Deebo Samuel, SF (at LAR) [INJURED]
- JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT (vs. BAL)[INJURED]
- Cole Beasley, BUF (vs. LAC)
- Jamison Crowder, NYJ (vs. MIA)
- T.Y. Hilton, IND (vs. TEN)
- Darius Slayton, NYG (at CIN)
- Brandon Aiyuk, SF (at LAR) [INJURED]